Terms and Conditions
About the PNIP
Welcome to the Pakistan National Investor Portal (the PNIP or the Portal).
The Portal and the services provided through it are operated and owned by Crowdinvest Consulting (Private) Limited (the Crowdinvest).
The access to PNIP is available through the website located at: https://pnip.com.pk/ .
These terms and conditions (the T&Cs) set forth the legally binding terms and conditions for the use of the Portal by the user (the User).
In using the Portal, in any manner, including inter alia visiting or browsing the Portal, the User agrees to be bound by the provisions of these T&Cs and other operating rules, policies and procedures that may be published by Crowdinvest from time to time on the PNIP, each of which is incorporated by reference and each of which may be updated by Crowdinvest from time to time, without any prior notification from Crowdinvest.
- The User’s continued use of and access to the Portal constitutes the User’s acknowledgment of and, and agreement to, the current T&Cs and to having reviewed the most current version of the T&Cs. Please note that, these T&Cs are in addition to any applicable law, other agreements between the User and Crowdinvest or other users of the Portal, and any other agreements that govern the User’s use of the products, services, content, tools and information available on the Portal.
- These T&Cs do not alter, in any way, the terms and conditions of any other agreements the User may have with Crowdinvest, or its subsidiaries or affiliates (as the case may be) for the Portal or otherwise.
- These T&C’s apply to all users of the Portal, including companies seeking funding (the Start-Ups), individual and institutional investors (the Investors), co-founders of Start-Ups (if applicable) and third-party experts, who in any way use the Portal or tools provided by Crowdinvest.
- Crowdinvest reserves the right, in its sole discretion, without any obligation and without any notice requirement, to change, improve or correct the information, materials and description of the Portal and to suspend and / or deny access to the Portal for any reason. the User agrees that Crowdinvest will not be liable to the User or to any third party for any such modification, suspension or discontinuation.
- The information and materials on the Portal may contain typographical errors or inaccuracies. Any dated information is published as of its date only, and Crowdinvest does not undertake any obligation or responsibility to update or amend any such information.
- Crowdinvest may discontinue or change any product, service or tool described in or offered on the PNIP website at any time.
- PNIP is a platform for individuals and organizations registering as Start-Ups. PNIP allows the registered Start-Ups to use the Portal for the purposes of fund raising for their business ventures through funding rounds conducted on the Portal (the Funding Round)
- The Portal allows Investors, duly registered with PNIP, to invest in Start-Ups conducting a Funding Round in exchange for securities (as allowed by law) to be issued to the Investor, upon successful completion of the Funding Round.
Rules of Use
- The User shall ensure that all the information provided by the User when registering with PNIP is true, accurate, current and complete. In the event of any changes in any such registration details, the User undertakes and shall be solely responsible to update the account forthwith upon the occurrence of such change.
- The User acknowledges and agrees that the account on PNIP is for the User’s personal use only. To help Crowdinvest maintain the security of PNIP, the User must at all times keep the login details confidential. It is the User’s responsibility to ensure that the User does not share login details with any other person, as the User shall be held responsible for all activities that occur under the User’s password or account (with or without the User’s knowledge) as a result of doing so.
- If the User becomes aware of any misuse or unauthorized use of the User’s log-in details, the User must forthwith inform Crowdinvest by sending an email and re-set their respective details.
- In the event where the User fails to keep the account updated as required under clause 3.1 or fails to maintain the security of the account in accordance with clause 3.2, Crowdinvest reserves the right to delete the User’s account at any time at its sole discretion.
Non-infringement of Intellectual Property Rights
The User hereby agrees that the User shall not:
- defame, libel, disparage, threaten, harass or intimidate anyone, including by the use of offensive comments related to religion, race, national origin, gender, sexual preference or physical handicap;
- use any profane, obscene, pornographic or otherwise objectionable content or language;
- violate the personal privacy, contractual, intellectual property or other rights of PNIP, Crowdinvest and/or any user of PNIP;
- reveal, with respect to personal or privacy rights, any personal information about another individual, including an address, phone number, email address, credit card number or any other information that could be used to track, contact or impersonate that individual;
- violate the provisions of these T&Cs, any future agreements entered into by the users, and/or any applicable law;
- interfere with or disrupt (or attempt to interfere with or disrupt) access and enjoyment of the services offered by PNIP to its users, including, without limitation, creating or transmitting unwanted electronic communications, overloading, flooding or mail-bombing, or scripting the creation of content in such a manner as to interfere with or create an undue burden on the PNIP;
- upload or transmit (or attempt to upload or transmit) any material that acts as a passive or active information collection or transmission mechanism, such as viruses, worms, Trojan horses, spyware, adware or any other malicious or invasive code or program;
- reverse engineer, decompile, reverse assemble, modify or attempt to discover or copy any software, source code or structure that the PNIP website utilizes to generate web pages or any software or other products or processes accessible through the website;
- remove, obscure or change any copyright, trademark, hyperlink or other proprietary rights notices contained in or on the Portal;
- remove, obscure or change any notice, banner, advertisement or other branding on the Portal;
- submit any content or material that falsely expresses or implies that such content or material is sponsored or endorsed by Crowdinvest;
- interfere with or circumvent any security feature of the Portal or any feature that restricts or enforces limitations on use of or access to the Portal, such as probing or scanning the vulnerability of any system, network or breach; or
- sell access to the Portal or any part thereof.
Crowdinvest reserves the absolute right and discretion to do any or all of the following:
- Record the content (including any communications) on the Portal;
- Investigate a claim that any one or more items of a content uploaded on PNIP do not comply with the T&Cs, and determine in its sole discretion to remove or request the removal of such content; and
- Remove without notice any content that in Crowdinvest’s opinion is abusive, illegal, or disruptive, or that otherwise fails to conform to these T&Cs
- All right, title, and interest in and to the services (excluding content provided by the users) is and will remain the exclusive property of Crowdinvest. The services and content provided on the PNIP are protected by copyright, trademark, and other applicable laws of Pakistan. Except as expressly provided herein, nothing in this Agreement gives the User, or any other individual, a right to use the Crowdinvest and/or PNIP name, content, or any of the PNIP trademarks, logos, domain names or other distinctive brand features.
- Subject to the User’s acceptance of these T&Cs, Crowdinvest grants the User, a non-assignable, non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-sublicensable, revocable limited license to use the services and related software for reasonable internal business purposes in accordance with these T&Cs, applicable laws and any other agreements, guidelines and requirements that Crowdinvest may implement from time-to-time provided that the User does not use the license to engage in any other commercial activities whatsoever.
The User shall not:
- claim any ownership or other proprietary right in any material, software or other intellectual property displayed on, published by or otherwise available through PNIP, other than the material, software or intellectual property that the User owns or otherwise has the rights to without regard for its appearance on PNIP; and
- copy or distribute any content visible on the Portal except as specifically allowed in this Agreement, or any future agreements signed, or entered into.
Disclaimers, and Limitation of Liability
Crowdinvest uses industry-standard physical, managerial, and technical safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of the User’s personal information with regards to PNIP and use of services provided by PNIP. Crowdinvest limits the access to the User’s personal data to those employees and other staff who have a business need to have such access. Subject to the provisions of 3.2 above, all such people are subject to a contractual duty of confidentiality. Crowdinvest periodically reviews policies and procedures to evaluate their effectiveness and ensure that they remain up to date.
Crowdinvest cannot, however, ensure or warrant the security of any information the User transmits to PNIP or guarantee that the User’s information on the services may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by a breach of any of physical, managerial, or technical safeguards. Crowdinvest does not assume any liability for any breach of security pertaining to the information provided by the User through the Portal.
The content and services available on PNIP are provided based on the following terms:
The User hereby expressly agree that access to, and use of, the services of PNIP is at the User’s sole risk and discretion. All information, products, services and tools are provided on an ‘as is’ basis without warranties of any kind, either express or implied. Without limiting the foregoing, Crowdinvest does not make any representations about the content, and suitability for any purpose of the information, services, tools and products contained on the PNIP.
To the extent permitted by applicable law, the disclaimers of liability contained herein apply to any and all damages or injury, whatsoever, caused by or related to use of, or inability to use, the PNIP or its services under any cause of action whatsoever, and that Crowdinvest shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, exemplary, punitive or consequential damages, in any way, whatsoever, arising out of the use of, or inability to use, the Portal and its services or otherwise in connection with these T&Cs.
Crowdinvest shall not be responsible for any technical malfunction or other problems of any telephone network or service, computer systems, servers or providers, computer or mobile phone equipment, software, failure of email or media players on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or combination thereof, including injury or damage to the Users, or to any other individual’s computer, mobile phone or other hardware or software, related to or resulting from using or downloading materials in connection with the Portal and/or in connection with the services, including any mobile software. Under no circumstances will Crowdinvest be responsible for any loss or damage, including any loss or damage to any content or personal injury or death, resulting from anyone’s use of the services, any content or third-party applications, software or content posted on or through the services or transmitted to users or any interactions between the User and the other users of the services on PNIP, whether online or offline.
To the extent permissible under Applicable Law, Crowdinvest, assumes no liability or responsibility for any errors or omissions in the content of the PNIP. Crowdinvest does not endorse or represent and subsequently shall not be responsible for the completeness, reliability or accuracy of any content or information distributed through or accessed from the PNIP, and shall not be liable for any investment decisions made based upon such information. Any reliance upon any content or information distributed through or accessed from the PNIP is at the User’s sole risk and discretion. Crowdinvest is entitled to rely upon the correctness of the information provided by its users.
Crowdinvest has no obligation to monitor or enforce any intellectual property rights that may be associated with any content provided on the Portal by the User and does not control or endorse such content, messages or information found in the services or external websites that may be linked to or from PNIP and, therefore, Crowdinvest specifically disclaims any responsibility with regard thereto.
Crowdinvest does not recommend any Start-Ups for investment, endorse their fitness for investment or verify or claim the accuracy of information provided by Startups on the PNIP. Crowdinvest agrees to support PNIP’s users to the best of its ability, however at no time will Crowdinvest take decisions for the users, thus, any advice by Crowdinvest shall not constitute investment advice and all business decisions taken by PNIP’s users are solely their responsibility.
Any Start-Up wishing to conduct a Funding Round, and any Investor participating in the same through the Portal are solely responsible/accountable for ensuring that they meet all legal requirements specific to such transactions in Pakistan. Crowdinvest accepts no liability if the relevant requirements under applicable laws are not met.
By using PNIP, the User acknowledges and accepts the inherent risks, characteristics and limitations of the internet, particularly in terms of technical performance of PNIP, response time to view, verify or transfer information, and the risks inherent in all third-party links, connections and transfers via the internet. Accordingly:
Crowdinvest does not make any promises about the availability or accessibility of PNIP or promise that the User’s access to PNIP, the content on it or the services and tools provided thereon will be delivered uninterrupted, timely or error-free;
Crowdinvest is not responsible for any data or information uploaded by any User including any content posted, uploaded or published on PNIP. It shall be the User’s responsibility to make back-up copies of any content posted by said User on the Portal, uploaded or published on PNIP; and
Crowdinvest makes no promises in respect of any harm that may be caused by the transmission of a computer virus, worm, time bomb, Trojan horse, cancel bot, logic bomb or any other form of programming routine designed to damage, destroy or otherwise impair a computer’s functionality or operation including transmission arising from the User’s download of any content, software used to make such download, PNIP or other servers that make it available. In this respect, the User agrees that it is the User’s responsibility to install stable anti-virus and security software on his/her computer hardware and any other devices to protect against any such bugs, viruses or other such harmful programming routines.
Crowdinvest shall have no liability or role whatsoever once the Funding Round is completed or terminated.
A scheduled maintenance shall be set to occur on regular intervals as per the decision of PINIP administration, of which Crowdinvest shall inform all users, by publication of a notice on the Portal at least twenty-four (24) hours before the beginning of the scheduled maintenance period.
Additionally, Crowdinvest shall try to assume continuous service of the Portal, however there might arise a time or situation where the Portal is unavailable due to poor web conditions, maintenance and development work, due to suspected security breaches or fraud, due to strike, industrial action, failure of power supplies, failure of equipment, hardware and software or events generally, beyond reasonable control. If such a situation arises PNIP shall remain inaccessible till the completing or unscheduled maintenance or resolution of the situation, and the users shall, if possible, in the normal course of action, be informed of the duration of the unscheduled maintenance/inaccessibility.
Crowdinvest may permanently or temporarily terminate or suspend the User’s access to the Portal without notice or liability, for any reason, including if in Crowdinvest’s sole determination, the User has violated any provision of these T&Cs.
Upon termination or suspension of the User’s access to PNIP, he/she shall be bound by the provisions of these T&Cs which, by their nature, should survive termination, including, but not limited to, warranty disclaimers, indemnity, and limitations of liability.